Senator the Hon. Mathias Cormann
Minister for Finance
Leader of the Government in the Senate
Senator for Western Australia
The Hon. Christian Porter MP
Minister for Industrial Relations
Leader of the House
The Government is keeping our promises and getting on with the job.
Since the return of Parliament we have been delivering on the plan we took to the election, passing important new legislation through Parliament.
More than 10 million Australians have more money in their pocket after the Government honoured its promise to provide immediate tax relief to low and middle-income earners.
Indeed, 4.5 million Australians have already lodged their tax return and over 2.6 million Australians have received income tax refunds of $6.5 billion, with an average refund of $2,441.
Farmers and rural and regional communities suffering from years of unrelenting drought will have access to the tools they need to prepare for, manage and sustain their businesses with the Future Drought Fund.
The Government is also continuing to keep Australians safe.
New temporary exclusion orders will prevent foreign fighters from returning home for two years and give the Government tools to manage the risk that their return potentially poses to our country.
For all Labor’s game-playing these crucial pieces of legislation passed the Parliament.
The full list of Government bills that have passed the Parliament in this winter session includes:
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Amendment (Sunsetting of Special Powers Relating to Terrorism Offences) Bill 2019
- Counter-Terrorism (Temporary Exclusion Orders) Bill 2019
- Counter-Terrorism (Temporary Exclusion Orders) (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2019
- Farm Household Support Amendment Bill 2019
- Future Drought Fund Bill 2019
- Future Drought Fund (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2019
- Social Security (Administration) Amendment (Cashless Welfare) Bill 2019
- Timor Sea Maritime Boundaries Treaty Consequential Amendments Bill 2019
- Passenger Movement Charge Amendment (Timor Sea Maritime Boundaries Treaty) Bill 2019
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Consumer Data Right) Bill 2019
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Tax Relief So Working Australians Keep More Of Their Money) Bill 2019
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Timor Sea Maritime Boundaries Treaty) Bill 2019
Minister Cormann – Karen Wu 0428 350 139
Minister Porter – Grant Taylor 0456 450 503